Membership of BEPEC
Membership of BEPEC is conditional on membership of one of the following voluntary associations:
- Consulting Engineers South Africa – CESA
- South African Institute of Architects – SAIA
- Association of South African Quantity Surveyors – ASAQS
- The Institute for Landscape Architects in South Africa – ILASA
- Association of Construction Project Managers – ACPM
- Black Business Council in the Built Environment – BBCBE
- South African Forum of Civil Engineering Contractors – SAFCEC
- Master Builders South Africa – MBSA
Benefits of Membership
- BEPEC’s Public Private Partnership with the DTI comes in the wake of the incorporation of the built environment into a Customised Sector Programme, allowing for collaboration in the pursuit of increased exports
- The challenges presented in working at an international level are tackled through collective advocacy and effort at both national and international level.
- BEPEC assists its members with information on in-country professional registration, working requirements, liaising with government and other industry bodies on contractual and legislative issues, and the the resolution of disputes.
- BEPEC has initiated the creation of various export groupings to help gain access to opportunities in a collaborative and co-ordinated manner. These export groupings include:
- The SADC Export Grouping which focuses on opportunities in the North South Corridor, involving Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Tanzania and Mozambique
- The East Africa Export Grouping which focuses on opportunities in the Central Development Corridor, involving Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi
- The Post Conflict Reconstruction Export Grouping which focuses on the Lobito Corridor and the Bas-Congo Corridor, involving Angola and northern DRC.
- The Arabian Gulf Export Grouping which focuses on opportunities in the Middle East, involving the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar.
- BEPEC stages and participates in a number of trade missions to Africa and beyond, with political and organisational support from the South African government.
- BEPEC hosts local and international events, briefings and workshops throughout the year, presenting significant networking and learning opportunities to our members.
- Facilitates access to DTI funding for staging trade missions to development finance institutions such as the African Development Bank and the World Bank
- Facilitates access to various DTI financial incentives, including the Export Marketing and Investment Assistance (EMIA) Scheme, which allows for cost recovery on trade missions, exhibitions and market research
- Facilitates access and markets members to officials using South African Trust Funds at the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation
- Facilitates access to the DTI’s Capital Projects Feasibility Programme (CPFP).
- Develops relationships with various commercial financial institutions to facilitate participation in projects
- Facilitates access to South African and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and donor agencies.
Consulting Engineers South Africa – CESA
South African Institute of Architects – SAIA
Association of South African Quantity Surveyors – ASAQS
The Institute for Landscape Architects in South Africa – ILASA
The Association of Construction Project Managers – ACPM
BEPEC is actively involved in the international and African affairs of CESA, SAIA and ASAQS through various events that allow members to identify business partners, network and share knowledge.