Membership of BEPEC
Membership of BEPEC is conditional on membership of one of the following voluntary associations:
- Consulting Engineers South Africa – CESA
- South African Institute of Architects – SAIA
- Association of South African Quantity Surveyors – ASAQS
- The Institute for Landscape Architects in South Africa – ILASA
- Association of Construction Project Managers – ACPM
- Black Business Council in the Built Environment – BBCBE
- South African Forum of Civil Engineering Contractors – SAFCEC
- Master Builders South Africa – MBSA
Benefits of Membership
- BEPEC’s Public Private Partnership with the DTI comes in the wake of the incorporation of the built environment into a Customised Sector Programme, allowing for collaboration in the pursuit of increased exports
- The challenges presented in working at an international level are tackled through collective advocacy and effort at both national and international level.
- BEPEC assists its members with information on in-country professional registration, working requirements, liaising with government and other industry bodies on contractual and legislative issues, and the the resolution of disputes.
BEPEC has initiated the creation of various export groupings to help gain access to opportunities in a collaborative and co-ordinated manner. These export groupings include:
- The SADC Export Grouping which focuses on opportunities in the North South Corridor, involving Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Tanzania and Mozambique
- The East Africa Export Grouping which focuses on opportunities in the Central Development Corridor, involving Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi
- The Post Conflict Reconstruction Export Grouping which focuses on the Lobito Corridor and the Bas-Congo Corridor, involving Angola and northern DRC.
- The Arabian Gulf Export Grouping which focuses on opportunities in the Middle East, involving the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar.
- BEPEC stages and participates in a number of trade missions to Africa and beyond, with political and organisational support from the South African government.
- BEPEC hosts local and international events, briefings and workshops throughout the year, presenting significant networking and learning opportunities to our members.
- Facilitates access to DTI funding for staging trade missions to development finance institutions such as the African Development Bank and the World Bank
- Facilitates access to various DTI financial incentives, including the Export Marketing and Investment Assistance (EMIA) Scheme, which allows for cost recovery on trade missions, exhibitions and market research
- Facilitates access and markets members to officials using South African Trust Funds at the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation
- Facilitates access to the DTI’s Capital Projects Feasibility Programme (CPFP).
- Develops relationships with various commercial financial institutions to facilitate participation in projects
- Facilitates access to South African and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and donor agencies.
Consulting Engineers South Africa – CESA
South African Institute of Architects – SAIA
Association of South African Quantity Surveyors – ASAQS
The Institute for Landscape Architects in South Africa – ILASA
The Association of Construction Project Managers – ACPM
BEPEC is actively involved in the international and African affairs of CESA, SAIA and ASAQS through various events that allow members to identify business partners, network and share knowledge.