Built Environment Professions Export Council (BEPEC)
The Voice of Built Environment Professionals on all matters related to International Business Development
BEPEC is a section 21, not-for-profit company that is in a Public Private Partnership (PPP) with the South African Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), who jointly support export-ready firms to export their built environment services internationally.
BEPEC, previously known as the International Business Development Section (IBDS), was created in 2001 in response to the globalisation of the consulting engineering sector after the first democratic elections in South Africa. With the inclusion of the Architectural and the Quantity Surveying professions in 2008, the IBDS was transformed into BEPEC.
BEPEC offers a one-stop-shop for international clients who are in the market to employ South African Built Environment Professionals.
BEPEC was created by Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA), the South African Institute of Architects (SAIA), the Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS) and has since been joined by the Association of Construction Project Managers (ACPM).
Benefits to clients of BEP’s to using a member of BEPEC
- BEPEC members offer clients their world-class expertise and multidisciplinary skills at competitive rates.
- Clients have the assurance that members are exposed to international best practice through our relationship with local and international professional bodies
- Members adhere to the required code of conduct for their relevant local and international professional bodies.
- International clients have the benefit of employing BEPEC members that are export ready.
- BEPEC members offer quality value-added innovative solutions.
- BEPEC members are required to have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- BEPEC members have an excellent understanding of the special needs of the developing world; they utilise first world processes and operate to its standards.
A word from our current members...
- “BEPEC is not only the ‘export’ voice of Consulting Engineers, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Construction Project Managers among SA stakeholders, it is also the eyes and ears of members internationally. Members are continuously exposed to opportunities and informed of the latest trends internationally. The BEPEC radar screen covers 360"
- “BEPEC is a great forum for exporters of professional services in the built environment to share their experiences.”
- “BEPEC provides a practical mechanism for lobbying the Public Sector and relevant institutions on behalf of our industry.”
- “Involvement in the activities of BEPEC allows one a louder voice to make a difference.”